1. Do you accept Purchase Orders?
2. What is your fax number?
3. What is your GST number?
4. Our company requires a W9 form completed before making a purchase. Where can I get it?
5. What is your EIN or Federal Tax Identification number?
6. I do not have access to a credit card or to PayPal. What other payment options do I have?
7. If I purchase a subscription will I find a solution for all the event ids?
8. Can I share my subscription with my colleagues?
9. Do you offer a group subscription?
10. My organization is listed amongst the ones that purchase a subscription. How can I get a login account?
11. Will you provide support for a particular problem that I'm having?
12. I need to get more information about the subscription. Who can I contact?
13. Can I get a trial subscription in order to see if I want to purchase it?
14. I tried to purchase a subscription by my credit card was declined. Why?
15. I tried to retrieve the password but I get no email.
16. I tried to login but I get an error message saying "There is no such account". I know that I subscribed to www.eventid.net so how can I login?
17. How do I renew my subscription?
18. If I purchase a subscription will I be able to download all the events in your database?
19. How do I cancel my subscription?
20. How do I get a copy of my invoice/receipt?
21. How can I update the credit card information for my account?
Q 1: Do you accept Purchase Orders?
A: Please see the Subscription page for details about how to purchase a subscription using purchase orders. Our payment processor accepts POs only for orders $99 or higher. A 2 year-subscription is available for corporate users that can only use POs.
Q 2: What is your fax number?
A: Please send your documents via email to email@example.com.
Q 3: What is your GST number?
A: We are not a Canadian company so we do not have a GST or HST number. If you have been charged Canadian taxes please contact BlueSnap through http://www.bluesnap.com/ecommerce/support/shopper/customer-support.
Q 4: Our company requires a W9 form completed before making a purchase. Where can I get it?
A: Since you will be purchasing from our payment processor, please use their W9 form available on their support website.
Q 5. What is your EIN or Federal Tax Identification number?
A. See FAQ no. 4 above. The EIN is listed on the W9 form.
Q 6. I do not have access to a credit card or to PayPal. What other payment options do I have?
A. The following links provide more payment options. Please select the corresponding type of subscription (for personal or corporate use):
- For a 1 Year Subscription for Private Customers (USD 29.00) without auto-renewal, please use https://www.bluesnap.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1955986
- For a 1 Year Subscription for Corporate Customers (USD 49.00) without auto-renewal, please use https://www.bluesnap.com/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=2920536
Q 7. If I purchase a subscription will I find a solution for all the event ids?
A. No. Virtually, there could be hundreds of thousands of different event ids and it is not possible to cover them all. Some of them are quite specific to particular environments and are not that popular in order for us to test in our labs or to otherwise find a solution.
Q 8. Can I share my subscription with my colleagues?
A. There are different types of subscriptions. Some can be shared within one physical location (the 1 Year EventID.Net Corporate Customer) while others are limited to individuals and they cannot be shared. See the subscription page for more details.
Q 10. My organization is listed amongst the ones that purchase a subscription. How can I get a login account?
A. Please contact your local network administrator or IT manager and inquire about the status of the subscription.
Q 11. Will you provide support for a particular problem that I'm having?
A. In most cases, whatever is listed on our web site for that event, that is as much as we have about that event. You can send us an email but there is no guarantee that we will be able to help you.
Q 12. I need to get more information about the
subscription. Who can I contact?
A. For any questions, comments or suggestions please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q 13. Can I get a trial subscription in order to see if I want to purchase it?
A. No, we do not offer trial subscriptions. We consider that a 3 months subscription, priced at $12.00 is a reasonable way of trying this service.
Q 15. I tried to retrieve the password but I get no email.
A. When you select the option to receive your password by email, the password is sent right away. If you do not receive it in 1-2 minutes, it must be a problem delivering emails from email@example.com to your email address. Common reasons:
Q 16. I tried to login but I get an error message saying "There is no such account". I know that I subscribed
to www.eventid.net so how can I login?
A. If you receive this message please verify the following:
- the email address is spelled properly
- you are using the right email address
It is also possible that your subscription has expired and the account was removed. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to verify if this is the case.
Q 17 How do I renew my subscription?
A. You can renew the subscription by following one of the links to purchase a new subscription. During the purchase specify the same email address as the one currently used for the subscription. The existing subscription will be extended and the same login information will be used to login to www.eventid.net. If the current subscription is not expired, it will be extended from the current expiration date. If it is expired, it will be extended from the current date.
If I purchase a subscription will I be able to download all the events in your database?
A. No, the subscription only provides the ability to search for solutions for a certain event id/event source combination.
Q 19 How do I cancel my subscription or the renewal payments?
A: Please login into your BlueSnap (former Plimus) account and cancel the subscription. Cancelling the subscription there will not affect the actual www.eventid.net account, but it will stop any renewal payments. Please note that the Plimus/BlueSnap account is not the same as the one used to login on www.eventid.net. If you do not know your Plimus/BlueSnap account, please follow the instructions provided on the page mentioned above (https://cp.bluesnap.com/jsp/account_login.jsp?), the "Don’t know your username or password?" link. For security reasons, we do not have access to your payment details so the account used is different from the one used to login to www.eventid.net.
Q 21: How can I update the credit card information for my account?
A: All the credit card information is handled by our payment processor, BlueSnap. Please access your account from their website in order to update the credit card information:
Select the "General" section, the "View Order Information" option. You can contact us for the order number in case you have misplaced it.
Build a great reporting interface using Splunk, one of the leaders in the Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) field, linking the collected Windows events to www.eventid.net.
Obtain enhanced visibility into Cisco ASA firewall logs using the free Firegen for Cisco ASA Splunk App. Take advantage of dashboards built to optimize the threat analysis process.